Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Log/Pic 94 Winter & Vermont

Great winter-I could snowshoe in my yard!
While Lisa did the snow-blowing
Okay, I helped
But I did do some great snowshoeing near the Scantic River by my house.
Did some cross-country skiing at the Wilderness Center in Hartland. We tried to stay the night at one of the three cabins, but it was just too cold.
Lisa and I went to one of the little islands within Lake Champlain. Here we are on the daily morning hike with the owners (and their dogs) of the B & B where we stayed.
Enjoying the hot tub, drinking Vermont's Green Mountain coffee...
...while it snowed.
On another trip this winter, we went to a B & B near Okemo.
We took a horse-drawn sleigh ride at sunset.
It snowed during this outing too.
We drank hot cider by the fire from this sugar shack.
Because the farm had a couple of dogs that joined us, this is the extent of the romantic part of the sleigh ride.
On this trip, we spent a couple of days at the slopes.
At this altitude, everything was blanketed.
Lisa improved tremendously.
I was high on life.
And it's snowed while we were skiing-perfect!
Actually, the perfect part was where we ended each day; at the Waffle Cabin with a powdered-sugar-covered waffle and hot chocolate.
It was a great winter.

No comments: