Thursday, May 31, 2007

Log/Pic 46 Montana/Wash/Oregon/Idaho/Wyoming

So the long trip across Montana was great. Lots of horses and farms and wide-open spaces. After visiting a few Indian reservations I hit Glacier national. Only five miles of scenic road from the eat side, and about 12 from the west. I was not even able to make it the whole 12 because of snow. My truck/hotel doesn't do very well in snow, but it was fun seeing what I did. Very nice!


I Next I visited Punda in Washington. We checked out Seattle and biked all over Banbridge Island. Then I explored Olympic State Park, went to the farthest Northwestern point, and made my way down the west coast. I went to Mt. Rainer and Mt. St. Helens (shown above).



In Oregon's coast, lighthouses were the theme. As well as some national and state parks.



The seal/sea lion below was one of many. We also went to the largest sea cave in the world where we saw dozens.



My favorite spot-Crater Lake. The worlds cleanest lake!




The Cove Palisades State Park and the Chinook Lake. Great hiking, camping, waterfalls and caves.



Mt. Hood-Oregon's highest mountain. Slept in the parking lot of the historic Timberline Lodge 6000 feet up. They were filming a movie there with Dennis Hopper when I arrived.




Idaho's Craters of the Moon. Volcanic caves and mountains.




After stopping at Jackson Hole, I entered
Grand Tetons National Park. Cool hikes and scenery...




...and a momma grizzly and three young cubs!

(bear photo on website)


Next was Yellowstone's "Old Faithful,"


and Mammoth Hot Springs.




I watched several coyotes hunt, feed and pounce.

sorry-coyote pic on website only


The bison were abundant.





I saw two black bear at Yellowstone. One was sleeping and the other appeared to be eating grubs, bark and some grass.


The last thing I saw before I left the park, besides a million dear, were bighorn sheep.


The last thing I saw on my trip was Devils Tower. After passing the geographical center of the U.S. and a quick breakfast in Fargo, N.D., it was just one long, boring drive home.

























No comments: