Saturday, July 16, 2011

Log/Pic 97 Venice, book sign, and Blue Ridge Pkwy.

So I went to Venice, FL to hunt for some more fossils. Above it what a shark tooth looks like underwater before I scoop it up.
Here is me with one of the 200 plus fossilized teeth I found this year. Note the poor visibility-characteristic to Florida's west coast. Although I find so many teeth, only on one of these dives in the last 20 years have I ever seen a shark-and it was three of them...and they were bull sharks!
This is a frog fish. Apparently it is rare. I was just as shocked to find a small sea-horse on a dive out here years back-who knew?
This summer I had a second book signing. This was in NC. Here I am signing my book to donate to the local library. Below I am presenting to the librarian. My uncle and aunt are to my right.
Below I am showing the illustration from the chapter I am about to read.
Me reading a passage from chapter "K"
Answering questions
Signing books
Answering questions from the reporter.
I also drove back through the Smoky and blue Ridge Mountains. I started at Tallulah Gorge, a place I had climbed 18 years earlier with Dan from Dunwoody (GA).
Looking for Boo Boo
Awesome ridges...of blue
Atop one of the peeks


Lisa atop...the top (of the Blue Ridge Parkway).


No comments: