Saturday, November 18, 2006

Log/Pic 34 Isla Plaza, Galapagos

So yesterday I went to Plaza Island and had the greatest interaction with sea lions. We saw one, then two, then three, then four, then five, and then eight or nine by the time we came to the islands tip. This was obviously where they hung out. They were above us, below us, in and out of the caves, and all around us.


I took the advice of a local and instead of just looking at them, I decided to get a little goofy and play.
I was rolling and spinning and swimming like them.
It worked! They were all over me, shooting towards my face then turning at the last second. They were above, below, and on the side of me. They even chased after us.
The more I played, the more active they were and the longer they stayed.
Two of the 3three of us had yellow fins. They chewed and nibbled on both of our fins.
They are so graceful.
Our fins look just like theirs.
A couple of babies joined in on the fun.
This one had cute puppy-dog eyes.
When my scuba buddy was running out of air in all the excitement-the only reason playtime ended-this little one waved goodbye.

No comments: